Thursday 10 May 2012

Catching Up

So for all my Xanga followers from years gone by, things have changed on the homefront a wee bit. Wardenman (Kyle) is now living on his own in the Big City and engaged to a lovely young lady we had all previously thought out of his league. (Please don't take anything I say too seriously on this blog...like that "league" joke I just told...) I'm extremely excited for this wedding because not only is it my elder brother but because I will be transformed into Gerbs11, the Beautiful Bridesmaid. It's a first time for me. I've even been in a bridal shop now and have been educated in terms such as chiffon and crinoline and taffeta and lace.

I don't know about anyone else in these sorts of situations but in the months since their engagement I've been bombarded with wedding day dreams. I can't remember much of the first one except no one was ready and everyone was freaking out. In the second dream, a player for the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team got up to do a reading and an actual rugby game broke out. The third one was perhaps the most frightening one yet: I  was the only one who forgot the wedding and Kyle had to come get me and I hadn't showered or had my hair done or anything! And since the day apparently revolved around me it was a big deal. (As a side note, a good friend of mine had a dream in which I was cut from the Bridesmaid roster and she was given my spot...maybe Kyle was taking my dreams too seriously).

And just so everyone gets a taste of what an All Blacks reading might end up looking like...



Personally, I think they stole that from N'Sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment