Friday 25 May 2012

It's worth noting that since my previous post and claims of the Cubs having a winning month of May we've proceeded to lose every game since. Nine in a row. And Kerry Wood officially retired...he got out just before the Sox swept us.

And it gets worse.

If my math is correct, we have to win 5 out of the next 6 games (with the Blue Jays losing every one of their remaining games) to win The Bet. Things are looking drab.

However, the sun is shining, the birds are singing...one literally just flew into a closed office window and gave me a chuckle. But with every silver lining comes a cloud (I am not a pessimist, just an unfortunate soul...proceed in reading...). Next Tuesday morning, despite all the shining sun and screeching birds God may give, I have an appointment with The Dentist. The kind of appointment that involves a heavy dosage of drugs, sharp instruments of torture, pliers, teeth and the departure of any wisdom that was in them.

Being the brute for punishment that I am, I decided to explore the world of Wisdom Teeth Extraction. I read first hand accounts, horror stories, pros and cons to anaesthetic (I will be wide awake for this experience - I refuse to die on the operating table of a dentist) and because I was curious thought, "What the heck, let's Google Image this stuff."

Bad, bad idea.

That's a lot of blood, a lot of tooth and a WHOLE (HOLE) lot of gum...just everywhere.

Oh well. Can't be any more painful than being a Cubs fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment