Tuesday 8 May 2012

I'm Baaa-aaaack

Facebook. That interruption of all things Blog. I went from writing book reviews and music rants to updating my friends on my weekly lunch schedule until eventually even that became too much work. Let's not get ahead of ourselves; I'm still very much a facebook user/creeper but when I randomly checked out my old Xanga blog (XANGA!!!) I realized something. I miss blogging! So here I am, ready to bedazzle everyone with what I imagine will be a lifetime of excitement but in reality will likely putter out by the end of this week.

I started by brainstorming what my new blog would be about. My first idea about working my way through Julia Child's cookbook and updating everyone on my successes and failures and ultimately landing a book deal and having a movie made based on my life with Amy Adams playing the part of moi has apparently already been done.

My second idea was about music. A music blog! But then I also like books...and I'm reading a great book about baseball which makes me want to write about baseball...and I love movie reviews...

Well, my third and final idea was a winner. I like me, why don't I just blog about that? And all that other stuff (music, books, baseball, movies, etc) are all inclusive.

Voila! Thus, "Sweet Nothings" was born. (What a crappy blog name, eh? That is simply horrendous).

The next step was deciding what blogging website to use. I feel like I've laid Xanga (XANGA!!!) to rest (quickly, while we're on "XANGA!!!" - doesn't that sort of look like a Japanese manga title? I think I might be onto something...) so I checked out WordPress (at Kyle's [older brother, BFF] suggestion) but we are talking indepth (sorry, just found the italics, had to use it) blogging and I'm not ready to commit myself to that much research and work when I could literally start up a blogspot site in seconds! (There's the bold).

And now that I've effectively blinded you with paranthesis I shall leave you to unwind from all that excitement (3-n-1 usage!) your body is trying to digest since discovering this resurrection of Gerbs11.

I look forward to sharing my world with you. At least for this week...

(And just for the record, Meryl Streep will also star in the movie of my life...she can have whatever part she wants. She is an absolute delight.)

2 comments:

  1. Gee...what's left to say after all that???I wait with great anticipation to see what's coming next.Now...get to work on the next c.d. cause that is something I am REALLY looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled to see you back to blogging, Gerbs11. I anxiously await your next move.
    xo alien_youth

    ReplyDelete